Just a picture from my backyard where I'm currently writing. Its a beautiful day...
Well, I'm on my second week of not being able to work. I injured my back somehow and haven't been able to get it to straighten out enough to get back to work. I've never been "down" this long before and I guess its a sign that I'm not getting any younger! But through it all I've had a lot of time to think. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not physically built for intensive hard labor! Lol! As much as I hate to admit it I'm just not capable of the heavy lifting and stresses that my job require of me. It sucks having to except self limitations, but it makes one look at what stronger qualities one might have to offer. I'm very much a "mechanical minded" person. And as such I know that I will never get away from turning a wrench (nor will I ever want to). But I know now that I need to find a title that incorporates more of my personal strengths and interests.
So in all reality what I'm saying is, I want to get back into the automotive field. Not only do I miss it but it affords me the opportunity to utilize my ability to "work smarter"... Not harder.
I'm hoping within the next couple weeks I might be back into wrenching on cars. Here's hoping that the job market isn't bad enough to force me to stay where I'm at now. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment